Monday, March 19, 2007

Amplitude

Last nite was a bit dissapointing... Besides NUS choir, Resonance, Raffles choir, and the last group of Indonesian performers, the rest imo really just do not stand out at all. Actually NUS choir's one oso didn't really standout somehow imo... maybe coz of the song we chose? Actually I'd prefer it if we sing some pop songs, it'll be more energetic and more suitable for this kind of performance. Of course, I'm not saying that we shud sing pop songs for events like VV and the pattaya competition, coz it'll just sound plain wrong for it. But for events like amplitude where it's quite energetic and all, we should sing some pop songs!^^

*****

I like what the Raffles Hall choir sang! All the nice nice Disney songs! Sheares Hall got two acapella(dunno the spelling, so? sue me!) the 1st one really sucks! they're singing Evanescense song, and they keep getting some chord that crashes horribly in the beginning, and in the end there, the lead singer keeps on blasting the microphone with her "sweet" voice... urgh... I'm not implying that her voice is bad, it's just that she doesn't know how to control her voice, and just blast it out. Now I know what Adyll means by loud!= quality (ok, for those who dunno programming, "!=" means "not equal to")

*****

Man is it cold out here! I'm only outside LT7A, but it feels like a freezer here for me dy, later when get in I might just freeze to death... brrr.......

*****

Back to academic, sad to say I'm really far behind... always have the tendency to slack, even when I know PE is coming in two weeks' time -______- Maybe I'll just skip choir practice on the Thursday b4 PE, I'm sure Adit will understand. Really have to catch up on maths. Even though I go to the lectures, I always nvr do my tutorials, shud really try it 1st b4 going class....

*****

And man I really need to control my spending... Spent 100 dollars last week... hai.... Must control!

*****

Signed up for permanent rag helper just now in front of LT6, can't help it, my weakness are girls, when pretty gals ask me to help out with somethings, it's hard to refuse XP Well anyway, it's not as if I got anything else to do anyway, will be back here in June for choir practices, preparation for Pattaya competition. And anyway, will get some points for me to stay in hall in case I wanna try it in my 3rd year. According to Wee Ling, will get around 10 points. then add my choir CCA, around 10 points per sem, will get around 30 point guar at least... might be enuff to stay in ahll, though I dun quite like the idea that much, coz from what I heard from my hall-staying-friends, it's quite hectic to stay in hall, and I dun think I'll have time to come for choir practices, and my grades will flunk if I do go for it... so probably not going for hall in the end:P Might wanna join Resonance though, NUS' acapella group, they're really good in the performance yesterday! Woo! That is if I dun get any posts in NUC choir, coz if I did get any post, I won't have time for other CCA.

*****

Gonna learn two new songs tonight in choir, after get back will probably slack around and then sleep... zzz...

*****

Leo signing out

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home