Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Choir!!!!!

As promised in my last post, this post is devoted to choir!!!!!! woo hoo! Me loves choir! I can't explain why, but everytime I go to choir practices, I forget about all my assignments and datelines, and oso all my tiredness, and will be happily singing with the rest of the choir members(but after finish choir, I'd be as tired as a dog dy:P)! I especially loves how my SL handles the tenors, he always patienly teaches us, and nvr vent his anger on us, unlike that Charles from bass, I really pity them. One of my friends from bass says that he's had it, and either Charles quits or he's going to quit sooner or later. And in fact, I dunno how he can tahan that guy for so long, I'd have quit choir long time ago if I'm in his shoes. Anyway, back to me! Learned quite a lot of songs since joining choir, and I have to say I love Te Deum the most. Yes, it's a bit lengthy(about 10 minutes in total), but it's a full blast song and oso all the parts come in and blend it very nicely! Not so confident on the spiritual songs though, yes I know my part, but can get distracted by other parts easily :P Dun love the ensemble songs too much, but I guess it sounds nice ^^ Oh, I'm one of those chosen to sing in the small ensemble during the choir performance this Sunday(not because I'm exceptionally good, but I need the extra practice for the upcoming competition in Pattaya, in fact, all chosen for the ensemble are going to Pattaya).

There's a choreograph for the spirituals, and some of them are funny! And truthfully, I enjoy doing them! especially Good News and Old Time Religion! I still think that Wade in the Water should have some 'wading-in-water' movement though :P Anyway, the gals looks cute moving left and right like penguins in Good News ^^ Cute, ok? Not funny, in case u got the wrong idea ^_^ But erm, will Nick look a bit out of place doing that too? Hmm... I wonder... But he's so so good leh in singing! In case u wonder, he's a soprano. Nope, you didn't read wrong, nor did I type wrong, yeap, Nick's a Soprano! He sang for us a bit that day and I tell you, you wouldn't be able to tell the singer is a guy! And no, he doesn't sound like a girl in his normal speech, just like a normal guy! But he can reach a very high pitch in his falsento. At least I think it's a falsento :P

So so anticipating this Sunday! My first ever NUS choir performance! Woo Hoo! And guess what? I get to wear a blazer! My very own blazer! Yay! CFA is so nice! Subsidizing half of what we have to pay for our costumes, hee! for 80 dollars get a pair of pants and blazer, not bad huh? But the bad thing is we can only try out our costumes by this Saturday.... Due to CNY the tailor is taking leave oso.... anyway, me hopes for the best! Will get to try out my costume this Sat, so so anticipating it! Anyway, wish me luck on my 1st performance k? Love you guys!

2 Comments:

Blogger Ferdy said...

Charles is okla...I like Charles =)

March 9, 2007 at 6:02 PM  
Blogger Wei Pien said...

Hmm, dunno much about him besides the one time tenors and bass practice together under him... that was the 1st impression and it wasn't a good one IMO...

March 11, 2007 at 6:42 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home