Sunday, June 17, 2007

Choir Performance in Esplanade! ~and some other things ~

Lots and lots have happened in between the last time I blog and now, butI dun think I'll be putting everything inside this post. To know what happened during the trip to Langkawi, Penang and Ipoh, refer to John, Syen or Carly's blog.

Got back to Singapore two weeks ago, on a Saturday morning. My parents drove me back, and my bro tagged along too, and stayed with me until Tuesday morning. We went to sentosa around 4 in the noon, nothing much there, quite boring IMO >.<>.< down =".="'">.<

1st performance on Friday was ok, but I found out that a graduated senior tenor 1 who was standing on my left(not Huai Zi, he's on my right) is some sort like a mini Mr. X, his voice quality doesn't blend too well with the rest. I'm not really sure whether mine blends in or not though :P But still, I can comment on that right?

2nd performance is really damn sucky! Wrong timing here and there. The choir didn't get in on the last note in Elder Scrolls: Oblivion, brass instruments blasting like there's no tmrw, pipe organ the usual sucky performance =.=

3rd performance was the best overall, the pipe organist stunned me actually, she played correctly, and in time with the conductor oso, although some wrong notes here and there, she played definitely very well in the last one. And there were two encore pieces for the last show, Shinobi and One Winged Angel. The crowd cheered very very loudly when we started the One Winged Angel encore.

During performance time, especially the 1st half b4 the intermissions, a lot of us almost fall asleep sitting behind the orchestra. I had to pinch myself to keep myself from falling asleep. One common thing about the audience in all 3 performances is that they always laugh in the beginning when they were playing Super Mario Bros and the screen shows the game, and oso during the encore piece of Shinobi, they'll laugh when the screen shows the game.

Last night, I didn't sleep at all, and was playing game and watching series, cuz after finishing laundry was around 3 ady, so dun wanna sleep 1st cuz if I sleep then I'll get a headache when i wake up at 8. So I played game until 7.30, got back room and changed, and then left for Golden Mile. Slept in the bus just now, and I'm still in bus now writing this blog. Just so you know, I'm writing this in a notepad, will cut and paste it when I get back hom later :) Anyway, ciaoz! finsihed what I think i shud typed dy :P


Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home