Monday, March 26, 2007

Of weather and laptops

Weather in Singapore's crazy nowadays... just last Saturday, the strongest wind ever blew in PGP, I was on my way down to R2 lounge when the wind started blowing, hard! Even the trees started to sway like crazy. Then it started raining. Lucky I was ady at the lounge. Then just last nite, the weather becomes cuckoo again... Was hot like crazy, without any wind or indication that it'll rain... Even the sky is very clear when I was going up to my room. Rarely do I see the sky so clear. Can see all the stars in the sky.... so beautiful. Wish I could find a place to lie down and watch the stars last nite though... somewhere like on a beach or mountaintop, where it's quiet and nice ^^ better yet if can have my friends joining, hehe. Anyway, it rained heavily when I was asleep, it started around 5 something, according to chubs. And guess what? My laptop is on the table! Lucky the rain woke me up around 6, and I hurriedly close the window and dried my laptop. Lucky me that I closed the lid though, if not then sure like Bo Siung's one... I slept around 3.30, and at that time, it was so hot like hell, my door was ajar b4 I go to sleep, and there was no slightest hint of wind even then... Urgh.... would be glad to move into a new room next sem, but I hope I'll be in the 7th floor too though, it's nice to hqave a high view, hee. Oh ya, did I mentioned that a bug flew into my room last nite when I was doing programming? Eww..... BUGS!!!!!! I TOTALLY FREAKINLY HATE BUGS! What to do? Of course I got a tissue to catch it and throw it into the dustbin. What do u expect? me screaming around? If that's what u think, then go check ur brain.....

Seems like a number of people are having problem with their laptop. First, chubs' Diena went cuckoo, due to water, I think. Then Bo Siung's one oso kena hujan yesterday and now has problem with the 'i' button. Good luck guys, hope it doesn't cost too much to repair it.

Woke up quite late today, around 10.30. So I skipped physics(9-10) and MLE(10-12), heh. slack around a bit. then start to think of how to do programming again... Ate my brunch around 12. Then watch a bit of anime, then got out and go for programming lecture. Met Bo Siung and Wee Ling in the bus stop. Thought of using 4 numbers, 1 each for the alphabets in the DNA strand for the programming lab in the bus stop. But problem is if I dun convert it into base 10, the array size is too big and too slow... And not to mention that the array couldn't hold that much of numbers... Gotta think of someway tonite to how to convert base 4 to base 10... T_T

During programming lecture, found out that we're supposed to do 2 questions... well, i guess it's good in a way too after listening to his explanation of why there was two questions... at least one is easy and if we managed to do that we'll get 30 marks at least. If one questions and dunno how to do at all then die... Then another disturbing rule... We're not supposed to touch the com in the 1st 30 minutes!!!! What the.... that's so not my style to write it out in paper 1st... it's supposed to be good for us, as it helps us outline what to do... But I need to know whether it can compile!!! What if I missed here a bit and there a bit? Without compiler I'd have trouble finding them... Anyway what's the point of having us electrical engineers learn programming anyway? We have programmers to do that.... You couldn't expect the boss to ask us to write a program do you? Comparatively, programmers can solve a program in an hour which would take us about a week's time to figure out... Ok, a bit of exaggeration, but you want a fully functional program that
has fast runtime, small errors, blahblahblah, employ a programmer! Not an electrical engineer! There's a reason programmer exist, and that is to create programs! Electrical engineers do things that have to do with electrical! Not programs! Nyaaa!!!!! Of I'm rambling now, somebody stop me. *got hit in the head from the back

After programming lecture, went to techno to tapau my dinner, then walk back to LT7A to buy milk tea. then walk through Raffles Hall to CFA, where I am now, hehe. Then thought of rambling, so pulled out my laptop and start to write this blog, while chatting with my mum and aunt and my two cute little cousins. Will start to bug people after I finish blogging, so now thinking who to bug... Anyone who's on9 and lucky enough to be picked, hehe. Ok, off to bug people now! Leo signing out!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home