Sunday, August 26, 2007

Choir audition results and 1st practice

A little bit disappointed that none of the msl people that I know got through the audition, but on the side note, there are at least 2-3 Malaysians that got in I think, will try to get to know them :) Here's the list of people who passed the auditions, does anyone recognise any msl names here?

Sopranos

    1) Sheena
    2) Rhoda Wong
    3) Sophia Soh
    4) Rachel Poo Ruixian
    5) Michelle Teo
    6) Cheong Jiarui
    7) Yeo Zoe
    8)Long Huiyi Melody
    9) Stephanie Cheng
    10) Vivian Ong
    11) Ong Ee Leng Michelle
    12) Tisa Wwindayani
    13) Ng Ai Ning Ann
    14) Arti Srivastava
    15) Lisa Adiputra
Altos
    1) Ho Suet Yee Michelle
    2) Yang Shu Jun Deenise
    3) Ng Zhi Ying
    4) Wong Choon Lim Glenn
    5) Stefanie Long
    6) Anusha Vedagiri
    7) Kendra Hanagami
    8) Normanisa Maswari Aziz
    9) Jasmine Chan
    10) Ng Juat Teng
    11) Nguyen Ha Huyen Van
    12) Siew Chi Kuan Andrea
    13) Gnin Yeow An
    14) Hang Yuanyuan
    15) Lim Pei Min
    16) Winnie Wong
    17) Teo Kah Yong Eunice
Tenors
    1) Ng Seng Hong
    2) Nguyen Dinh Duy
    3) Justin Tandingan
    4) Tang Lik Jin
    5) Chen Daifeng
    6) Andrew Halim
    7) Scott Hoover Stier
    8) Chan Chong Sheng
    9) Jonathan Gan
    10) Luis Felipe Mohando
    11) Teo Chye Keong
Basses
    1) Meng Zhi Hao
    2) Aldwin Chester Yap Dumago
    3) Samuel Kerschbaumer
    4) Allen Shi
    5) Linus Chan
    6) Joel Poh
    7) David Trinh Thai Duy
    8) Lim Yang Sheng Edwin
    9) Terry Lau Shue Chien
    10) Lim Tian Bao
Those that I know are Malaysians are highlighted in blue :P Please let me know if you recognise any k? Not that I'm biased towards other country or something in case you think I am, but just that I wanna know how many Malaysians are there this intake :) Although... I could just ask the committee members come to think of it... :P

Anyway, I wanna complain!!!! All the newbie tenors are so damn tall! :P The senior tenors are all so short, we're all almost about the same height T_T On the 1st practice, Adyll asks all the newbies to stand in front. And you can guess what happens next.. Yes! We can't see anything at all in the front XD We were supposed to do some rhythmic exercise, by doing certain actions according to the numbers written on the whiteboard:

1 - stomp your right leg
2 - snap right, snap left
3 - clap three times
4 - say out loud:"ONE two three four"

These are not yet implemented for newbies though:

5 - stomp right, stomp left, clap clap clap
6 - STOMP stomp stomp STOMP stomp stomp
7 - Stomp right, clap clap, Stomp left, snap snap snap.
8 - say out loud:"ONE two three four TWO two three four"

Anyway, couldn't see the whiteboard, and had to squint through the gaps in between those in front =.=' At one point I missed a few cuz I can't see and have to wait until the last few bars b4 I can follow the numbers. Really feel like I'm the junior as they're taller than me :P cuz that's the norm right? Seniors taller than juniors? But with us it can't be helped, we're shorties :P

From another point of view, this might be good too, since we're short, we're going to be able to stand in front right? Yay! XD

Ok ok, enough about their height, now to their capability as a chorister. Personally, I think the tenor newbies are quite good! Can catch up with the notes rather quickly :) Better than me last time when I 1st join I think. I had trouble singing my own part when combining SATB. I kept singing the sop's melody I think, hehe. Proof of they're good(at least those that I heard from near) comes from Luk luk lumbu. I was standing besides Justin and heard him sing the correct notes for T2s.

Adyll got cheeky in conducting luk luk and started to increase the speed halfway through the song and we got faster and faster, much more faster than the usual speed we do the song XD It was quite fun i admit, but it was a bit taxing on the stomach muscle, it felt a bit like after finishing Bal Laygi's note punching :P

Hmm, so now we have a male Alto and a male Soprano, heh. But I wonder whether there'll be a female tenor or a female bass though :P It'll be quite scary to hear a girl sound like a guy IMO, but it'll be quite interesting to hear them sing like a guy :P There are so many Altos in choir now! 17 new ones adding to the existing crowd... When they all sit in a circle, I think the number almost rivaled the total number of us who went to Pattaya @@ Wonders whether the new batch of altos will get as crazy as the old ones though... *scampers and hides from the altos*

Felt bored at last practice though, only sang Linden Lea and Luk Luk Lumbu. Hope the next one will be better! I think there's a new song that we'll be practicing on Monday, can't wait to get my hands on the new scores ^^

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home